Saturday, August 21, 2010

Have glittery brown acrylic nails--what color on lips?

wearing a black dress to a mardi gras ball...nails are a pretty, lightly glittered mocha color---want a dark, smoky eye...so, should i go light on the lips with a sheer gloss? or...should i go in a totally different direction? thought about a red, but i look TERRIBLE in red lipstick--it all turns orange on me!Have glittery brown acrylic nails--what color on lips?
Thats the Problem with gorgeous COLORED nails! You get them done for a special event then you change your clothes or your makeup(lipstick) and your stuck with the nails. What I always do is get my acrylic nails natural for many reasons: Im usually conservative during day to day, If I have my nails brown I wont wear red or blue or any color shoes unless theyre brown or black, another thing is lipstick shade! I always get complimented on my nails and yes I do say theyre mine! You can always paint your nails yourself after youve decided on clothes and makeup. You sound like youll look beautiful just one advice and keep it as a rule of thumb: either accentuate your eyes (dark smokey eye the whole nine yards) or your perfect RED or brown or any color you like. Everyone can wear red lipstick just different tones. One last thing if you go with the eye makeup unless you have blonde or light brown or even red make sure you have some color or sparkle maybe a glittery silver or gold purse Mardi Gras Style!!!





Good LuckHave glittery brown acrylic nails--what color on lips?
I am a makeup artist for a couple different companies, and if you told me this info and we did your eyes like so, I would probably use a sheer lip plumping gloss on you, like Sovage or Too Faced. Too faced has lip plumping gloss with just small hints of color in them as well for about $18.50. I think you would be happy with that, and it would be something you would use more than just one night too! Check out the link and look at techno tart color!
You have yourself a little fix here--the black dress is ideal for skin tones that tend toward pink to olive; the mocha acrylics, for skin tones toward peach to chocolate. From your description of the orange effect of red lipstick, I assume that your skin tone is in the peach-to-chocolate spectrum.





I concur with the light approach to the lips, given the smoky eye treatment; a peach gloss should do nicely. As I understand colors, your mocha acrylics may blend with the dress; if they clash, a deeper brown (e.g. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in #30 Chocolate Nut Frost or #34 Sweet Frost, or OPI in #SR6R5 Espresso Your Style! Creme) may be in order.
if you are going really dark on the eyes, go sheer with the lip so people can focus on your eyes
A very pale color would go GREAT. Get it in light brown or pearl.. (Lipstick)
  • urban decay cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment